Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Gluten Update

In my last update I forgot to mention my progress with going gluten-free and its effects on my health.

Short recap:  I had routine thyroid labs drawn in August which showed a significantly elevated TSH level.  I went gluten-free a day after receiving those test results and have stuck with it for over 6 weeks now.  My endocrinologist wanted labs repeated within 4 weeks of my appointment with him, so I had repeat labs drawn a week and a half ago.

Within 5 weeks of being gluten-free, my TSH levels have returned to normal range.  I find that pretty impressive.  Should I totally credit the gluten-free diet for this?  Maybe, maybe not.  But it's certainly enough for me to feel motivated to continue.  Some days it's challenging to stay gluten-free when all I want to do is order pizza with my son, but feeling better is more important that a one-time fix, so I stay the course.

Here's to continually improving health!

2 comments:

  1. You look amazing!!! I just noticed your picture with the blog and WOW!!! Hot mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks! You made my day :)

    ReplyDelete