Tuesday, October 29, 2013

'Tis the season

For me to become totally obsessed with knitting/crocheting a gift for every single person whom I love in my life.  It starts around October and just keeps increasing in intensity until Christmas Eve, sometimes New Year's.  I'm aware of my desire to gift give for the entire year, but somehow, playing in the hot sun seems more appealing than knitting scarves in the summer.  Every year I say it will be different and every year it's more of the same.

I want to be the type of knitter who is rarely seen without a project in tow.  I want to be the crocheter who plans her gifts well in advance and actually finishes them by Thanksgiving, leaving time for last-minute pop-ups (like the sweet new moms you met in a playgroup or a friend's new significant other).  I wonder what it will take to actually arrive in this place of needlecrafting zen.

Who knows?  For now I'll just dive into all those projects I left half-finished and hope two months is enough time to wrap it all up!

No comments:

Post a Comment